Saturday, January 18, 2014
A REFINED ARTICULATION OF "SITE-OF-WITHDRAWAL" - BEAUFRET
click link: http://www.mediafire.com/listen/7zp3zzf1378far5/beaufret4.mp3
REVISED GLOSSARY FOR SITE-OF-WITHDRAWAL:
1. PHUSIS: our word “physics” applies here. Specifically used by Aristotle for depicting the physiological situation, with its internal tensions of: phantasia and peras.
2. PHANTASIA: the obscurity of appearances that conceal the emerging peras-moment.
3. PERAS: literally means “limit” or limit-point. But, for Aristotle, the limit-point is a moment of reaching threshold and “manifestation” of spirit.
4. DUNAMIS: literally means “force”; but for post-moderns this would represent an event's potential for speaking existentially to us; or its “phonological-force”.
5. ENERGIA: the actual “appearing” or manifestation of the “event”, at the “limit-point”.
6. SPHERE OF “EXTENSION”: the foreground of the event which presents to the self the: “en-doxa-signs” & additionally; the “a-doxa” aspects of non-being.
7. SPHERE OF IMPRESSION: the overlapping sphere of the self’s step toward the dokounta-threshold & the event’s foreground. This is where the self appropriates the “eidos” of the event.
8. EIDOS: literally “form”, but for Aristotle it is inherently present in the appearing of the dunamis and energia of the event emerging out of “phusis”. The bulging “sign-gestures” allow us to create a thought-picture of “form”. To become conceptual in consciousness.
9. KATEGORIA/APOLOGIA: the composition-threshold in consciousness involves engaging in dialogue in order to form “spirit-architecture”. We share categories that abbreviate sub-systems of concepts.
10. SUSPENSION: the realm of “suspension exists somewhere between our “turn” back to the unconscious, and the taking-up of the tangent-like-glance of unveiling signs. This suspended moment is a temporary filtering out of unwanted concepts and a re-gathering of deeper intelligence.